Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our NICU journey through pictures


This video was a surprise at my shower. Erin O'Connell (who I used to babysit and who is now in college but that doesn't make me feel old at all) and her Mom, Bonnie, made this for us after Bill, unbeknownst to be, sent our pictures to them. I was very emotional when I saw it because it was the first time since I went on bedrest that I allowed myself to stop and realize how far we'd come. Now that I've been up all night with Braddock, who can't stop crying, I might cry again realizing how far we have to go... Ha. Ha. Ha. I think the poor little man misses his brother.

Well, enjoy the lovely video. I can't thank Erin and Bonnie enough for making it. It means so much to us.

Off to work which thankfully is right next to my bedroom because I haven't got the energy to go much further this morning. The bonus about being up for the feedings is that I have seen the Red Sox games that I would probably have been sleeping through otherwise. I never thought I'd say this in my life but those Tampa Bay Rays are going to be tough.

1 comment:

anne barclay said...

I can't believe you're working! Nic, you are super woman! Are your folks still there with you? How are they holding up?
What a beautiful video that is.
Anne