Friday, October 3, 2008

A look at all three

This is all three before we unhooked Julia from her monitors. One last look at all three DiMasi babies at their very first address. I should mention Julia's weight today is 4 lbs 11 ounces. Braddock is just over 5 lbs and Griffin is the same as Julia. From where we started, these kids are HUGE! Another tidbit of great news is that Griffin has had all breathing tubes taken out of his nose. He has them nearby in case he needs them but so far so good. He doesn't want to be left behind for too long, so he's been working really hard. I hate the idea of leaving him there by himself without being able to be there all day every day like I have been. Luckily he has so great nurses who adore him. This way I know he's being held and getting love when I am home with his sister and brother. It will be our happiest day to take him home to be with all of us, and at the same time, we'll miss all the incredible nurses, doctors and therapists who've been there with us every step of the way. But we're not thinking about that yet. I'm always getting ahead of myself. One day at a time.

2 comments:

anne barclay said...

How FANTASTIC that Julia is home! I love the outfit.
Anne

sheehan said...

What a wonderful day for your family. We are so excited for you!!! xo Love, Cristina, Bill, Liam