Monday, December 1, 2008

Mark Twain on Triplets

"Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection." Mark Twain, The Babies speech 1879

Another triplet Mom sent me this and I enjoyed it so much, I thought I'd post it. I can't imagine how rare triplets were in 1879.

As a newsflash, Braddock is cast-free yet again and enjoying kicking his legs about. I'm so relieved for him to have some freedom, and his feet look fantastic. The next step is a special pair of shoes with a bar between them to keep his feet from turning back in.

Last night the craziest thing happened: They went seven hours between feedings. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock at 4 a.m. I'm saying it is a fluke for now and I'll see what happens in the nights to come. Getting that much sleep makes life so much easier.

My Mom and I just completed an exercise video. That's right.... I do exercise videos. We walked, sculpted and toned with Debbie Rocker! There I was giving it the intensity Debbie told me it deserved and I really pushed it on the last few just as she suggested. Sadly, I think I'll be sore tomorrow but I have to start somewhere. These are my baby steps back to a marathon by 2010. (Maybe I'd like to soften that statement and go with a 1/2 marathon by 2010.) All three were strewn about the living room in their different areas of comfort as we did the video. Julia and Griffin were on Boppies. Julia face up and Griffin having a little tummy time. Braddock was in a bouncy seat with vibration on the coffee table. They just started to enjoy that seat even though we've been trying it since they came home. The boys weren't that interested in the workout, but Julia appeared to be laughing the whole time. She kept up, too, kicking her little legs and working her arms. I even noticed she, too, gave it the intensity it deserved. Oh, what fun we're having here. Up next, laundry, then bottle preparation.

3 comments:

Kathy Murphy said...

Hi Nicole,
The kids look so good in these latest pictures. They have changed so much since the NICU! Received your card the other day...how cute. Glad to hear you're getting some rest.. hope it continues because it makes such a big difference. Give Braddock a big kiss for me... and Julia and Griffin too. I'm glad Braddock's "feet" are doing well.

anne barclay said...

Sounds like Julia is already thinking about staying in shape! How terrific that you guys got a good nights sleep. Hopefully, it will happen more often as the babies grow.
So glad I can leave comments again. Say Hi to Gail and love to all.
Anne

Kathy Murphy said...

Hi Nicole,
Love reading this blog... glad to hear everyone is doing well and that you're getting more rest. Hope that continues. I received your card and it is truly adorable. Please give Braddock a big kiss for me (as well as Julia and Griffin). They look so different from when they were in the NICU! Talk to you soon. Kathy M