Monday, December 15, 2008

Our excellent adventure


All dressed up before our walk








So it was warm out today and my Mom and I thought for a change of pace we'd head out for walk. It was very exciting dressing all three in their little snowsuit-type outfits. I think the preparation for the 30 minute walk took about 45 minutes, but we were determined. Once everybody was dressed warm, hats on, car seats buckled, all three seats snapped into the stroller, Finn leashed up and ready to go, double checking for cell phones and dog waste bags, we were off! Bill and I have taken the stroller to doctor's appointments before and I've even taken it myself but never for a walk where there are hills. We live in the mountains out here. There's a ski resort right down the street, but for some reason I didn't think much about the hills in the neighborhood that would become part of this walk. After thinking about what was the best route, we decided to go towards the golf course because it is relatively flat. Halfway through our trek, I realized that the last portion of it would be all uphill. Let me just tell you: I had my workout for today because that stroller is HEAVY. Going downhill was equally difficult because you need to hold on tight and go very slow. The fear of losing control of the stroller was freaking me out. As we made it up the hill, I was certainly feeling all that bedrest. It was fun to be out though and luckily not a lot of people were out so we didn't have to stop too much to explain that, yes, they are triplets, not they aren't all identical -- the pink make that seem obvious -- etc, etc.


My muscles are a little sore from the inclines but we made it back without a major mishap so I'm calling it a success!




Here is a little video of Finn from out walk, too. He was wildly excited to be free to roam.

2 comments:

anne barclay said...

Sounds like a great adventure for everyone involved, especially Finn. He looked like he was enjoying being outside and running free! I guess everything you guys do becomes an adventure! You're a crowd all by yourselves :)
Anne

Kathy Murphy said...

Better take advantage of those warm days if you can... even if it is a big production. Looks like Finn needed a good run. The kids look too cute in those snowsuits. Regards to all... Kathy M