Monday, November 10, 2008

Wait a minute, which one are you?


Can you tell who's who? As Griffin gains weight, he and Braddock difficult to tell apart. Identical twins are the neatest thing to see! We laugh a lot about who we're holding because we tend to be wrong.
I can't really believe it has been so long since I last posted. The days are so exhausting and they FLY by. The babies have taken to crying lately and all at once seems to be the modus operandi. The funny/frightening thing is that they don't even have their full cries yet. When that happens, I'll just wear my ruby red slippers and click my heels three times.... oh wait... I am home. We'll I'll survive; all mothers survive, right?
We've been busy with doctors appointments. That and battling insurance which is such a pain in the neck. Our claims now total well over a million dollars for my care and the kids and the insurance company likes to make things difficult. I swear they are out to make people insane. The crazy part is that we have good insurance and it is this frustrating and time consuming. We're ready to tear our hair out with that but I won't go on about that.
Our little man Braddock is having surgery tomorrow morning for a hernia. I understand hernias in preemie boys are very common. We were wishing that this wouldn't be the case, but this poor little dude can't catch a break. It is a quick surgery and it should be done by 9:00 am. We'll have to stay overnight at the hospital with him because of his age but that is just for precautionary reasons. I'll be so thrilled for him when we no longer have all these appointments. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, premature babies are such fighters. They start out with such a long road ahead of them and their resilience is truly amazing. I'm so proud to be their Mom.


1 comment:

anne barclay said...

It certainly is amazing to see how identical they really are. It must be very confusing at times. How cute are they, though?
Anne