Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Braddock Update

Braddock's hernia surgery was a success. Although he's a bit uncomfortable, he's on the mend. He was a champ and all the nurses LOVED him. I was with him all day and Dad is there for the overnight as I'm back home with Julia and Griffin, who -- oddly enough -- decided to projectile vomit all over Grandpa first and then Grandma as I walked through the door. Two impromptu baths and they were good as new. The throw up is probably not abnormal but I don't know that since I haven't been a Mom very long. Of course, I frantically called the pediatrician on the emergency line. They must love new mothers! Not too worry if it happens again because now we're armed with enough pedialyte to hydrate at least ten sick babies. They are acting completely fine now so I'm not worried.

I'm hoping to get at least sleep some tonight. Julia didn't want us to sleep last night, not even for one second. She had the energy of an entire circus from 10 pm until 3 am and demanded our full attention. No matter what I did, she wasn't relaxing. I think I better get used to a very nocturnal schedule for a while.

Here is a picture of Braddock post-surgery. He comes home tomorrow around 7:00 am and his brother and sister can't wait to have him back. One little glider sits empty and it just doesn't feel right.

1 comment:

anne barclay said...

Nic and Bill,
Thanks for the update on Braddock's surgery. Glad everything went well. Ah, yes, the projectile vomiting -- lovely, isn't it? One time Amy did it and hit the wall all the way on the other side of the room! GROSS!! But it does happen. I'm sure pediatricians do love new moms. One time Amy had diarrhea and they told me to stop giving her milk and just Kool-Aid to keep her hydrated (That was in the days before Pedialyte). So, she had a diaper that looked like she had bloody stool and I actually brought the diaper to the doctor's office with me. The nurse laughed and said, "Oh, didn't we tell you not to use RED Kool-Aid?" I wasn't too embarrassed! I was sure my darling child was hemorrhaging! Unbelievable, huh?
You'll probably have a ton of stories before you're done!
Say Hi to Gail & Jack for me.
Love, Anne