Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Three weeks and one day and counting...

Just a very quick update -- and I know these updates aren't much fun without some video or pictures and I apologize for that -- to say everything is going fine. All three are doing well and growing every day. I'm heading over there now and I will take some pictures to post tonight. I've started working a little bit again and life is starting to get back to normal -- whatever that is with three kids in the NICU. I'm able to walk my dog and make dinner. Well, I have yet to make dinner but I plan on it every day; I just run out of time. Yesterday I held both Julia and Braddock. Griffin is looking much better and slowly starting to maintain his breathing a bit better so we'll be holding him more consistently soon. They aren't pushing him so as to not set him back. Being as impatient as I am known to be, I want him breathing better now! I want the all home already for that matter, but we are seeing improvement every day which is all we can ask for. I'm getting much more calm when I'm holding one of the kids and they forget to breath or their neck isn't positioned well and they cut off their airway. Now I know just to move their head a bit or close their mouth.... it doesn't make me nearly as uneasy as it did. The respiratory therapist sat with me yesterday as I held Braddock and showed me how to move him into a better position should he start to struggle. Luckily it doesn't happen too much, but I know the worst thing to do is to panic. I just can't say enough about all of the staff we are blessed to have working for our babies. Everyone is so genuinely kind and caring, always willing to answer our questions or offer an encouraging word. It takes a special kind of doctor or nurse or therapist to work with the weakest and tiniest among us, and we just couldn't be more assured that we've got all the right people taking care of our kids.

Off to see the babies... Have a great Wednesday!

5 comments:

The Kitchen Vixen said...

Wow it is so incredible to see them all get stronger each and every day. We are all sending our prayers and thoughts to you. You and Bill are doing an amazing job. keep it up;) they'll be home soon.

xoxo
Laura & Julio

bff heather said...

Hey guys... I'm so proud of you! These babies will slow you down and speed things up all at once!
These babies are SOOO lucky to have such great parents. lots of love, Autie Heather... or as Bill would say Nick says ...ONTEA Heather

Anonymous said...

it is so great to see video of the peanuts! thank you for posting! every day those kids will get stronger and stronger and before you know it, you will be chasing around three very active little ones.
cannot wait to get home and meet them!!

anne barclay said...

Keep up the good work. You guys are handling this whole situation so well! The babies are so darn sweet. Wish you were closer.
We're keeping you in our prayers.
Love to all
Anne

christine jacobson said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU, THE MIRACLE OF MODERN MEDICINE AND ALL OUR PRAYERS WILL BRING THESE BABIES HOME SOON. KEEP UP YOUR STRENGTH, DON'T OVERDO.
LOVE,
CHRISTINE JACOBSON