Thursday, January 22, 2009

A long time coming


(I started this post last Wednesday. Disgraceful, I know, but I swear it isn't because I'm sitting around doing nothing)


I guess I'm updating once a week. I would like to do more and have fabulous videos, too, but this is my first week by myself all day, so I am sitting here rocking Braddock and Griffin in their bouncy seats while I type. Julia is having a little nap right now, so I've got a free minute....




(an hour later).... well, not really a free minute. Braddock wanted to tell me a few things! I'm back. Griffin is now sleeping and Julia is swinging away. So everybody is doing well there. Every time I blink they are bigger and stronger. I remember thinking they were huge when they hit the four-pound mark. It's just incredible how time is flying by.


We had a fun inauguration day. We dressed up and sang songs and watched every second of the coverage. I was explaining the historical significance of it all, and, of course, telling them all about how Mommy was at the last inauguration captioning -- They weren't impressed at all and I'm not sure they retained any part of the history lesson. But they looked cute! What I thought was the greatest thing I heard was a reporter covering it saying her very young daughter said, "There's never been a black president before? Really?" She just couldn't imagine why that would be. That's the world I'm happy to raise these kids in. It was just a hopeful, positive day.




Julia can scream now. I mean really scream. It has only happened once and she was shocked that such a sound came out of her. I don't think she can figure out how to do it again. When she gets good at it, we're all in trouble.




(another couple hours later) Well, I'm trying to get a post out, I swear. Poor Julia had a little spit-up episode that required a change of clothes. Then Braddock and Griffin set each other off. I find they do this a lot. One cries and the other gets very upset... one thing leads to another and there isn't enough soothing in this world to calm them down. We're quiet again. I forget where I was. They all love mirrors right now. Griffin stared at himself this morning like he was pleased as punch with his handsome face. He was touching the mirror and laughing. He was thrilled. The poor guy has a case of cradle cap on his face. I called the doctor in a panic about it and he assured me it was nothing I was doing wrong and that it will go away.


Okay, I must run, we've got more throw up and they're hungry. If I get this out before midnight, I'll be stunned!
(several days later) And I didn't get it out by midnight, or the next midnight ... Since I started this post things are still going well. We are reading books every day. Julia seems genuinely interested but the boys would prefer my singing and dancing routine to keep them from crying.
I've got more pictures to add and it's my intention to do that tomorrow.


Enjoy your work week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dunno, nick...i think julia secretly supported mccain...look at that mug. ;) i am using this as my screen saver at work.. just adorable!!
-auntie k.

anne barclay said...

Hey Nic,
I can't believe that you are able to keep up your blog as well as you do! You've certainly got your hands full! The kids are adorable. Where's your Mom & Dad these days? I thought they were there???? I've emailed your Mom but haven't gotten a response. Hope all is well with them.
Anne