Thursday, January 8, 2009

Griffin











Today is Griffin's day. Griffin was born our smallest and he struggled in the NICU much more than Julia or Braddock. He was feisty then and remains so today. Even though his start was more difficult, he's determined not to be left behind. He is nearly 13 lbs now, so strong and rugged. At the pediatrician's visit this week, he told us Griffin was right where he should be developmentally for his adjusted age. His eyes are also bright blue and his dimples are fantastic. He loves to snuggle and he is the best sleeper I've got. Sometimes at night I just watch him sleep because I've never seen anything so peaceful. I almost always have to wake him when Julia and Braddock have been up. Although he had trouble feeding and that prevented him from coming home sooner, he's our best eater today. He loves the activity gym and the Baby Bjorn. Just like Braddock, he's all boy. I keep thinking about how active he'll be once he starts moving around and I cringe thinking about all the scrapes and bruises I'll be tending to. He has found his hands and enjoys the way things feel while he's holding them. Last night I saw him grab his binky that had fallen out and try to pull it near his face. I watched for a while to see if he'd put it right back in his mouth. He's not there yet but it won't be long!

1 comment:

anne barclay said...

Well, Griffin is a cutie-patootie if there ever was one! Loved the last photo on the bottom the best. He has a definite gleam in his eye. He may be trouble down the line :)
Can't wait for Julia's day!
Hi to all.
Anne