Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Video of what we're up to now!






A very Happy New Year to you. It is my new year's resolution to get caught up and keep the blog updated more frequently. Well, that and to lose the baby weight which can't be considered baby weight for too much longer. 2009 begins wholly different for us than 2008. We look back and think this has been some year for us. We rang in last New Year in Vermont at our friend's beautiful wedding. We were sleeping in then without any real worries. By March 1, we knew we were having a baby... at that point we thought just one. Two weeks later we were told there were two and two weeks after that, three. From that moment the rollercoaster began. We were told all the odds and we understood they weren't very good for us (they aren't very good for anyone pregnant with triplets) but at that point we hadn't read much and were still ignorant to all the problems that we could (and many that we did) face. I was sick, sick and sicker every day through the end of May, and by June 19th I went into the hospital with contractions 10 minutes apart. The hospital soon became my high-priced apartment without a working bathroom. Well, it worked but I wasn't allowed to use it so I should have received reduced rent in my opinion. I'll not forget that bedpan and my loathing of it for the rest of my life. I won't miss it either! I finally came home from the hospital on August 16 but visited every day until October 19th when Griffin completed the homecoming. So that was one-third of this year spent in Morristown. Oddly, I miss going there....for that matter, I miss going anywhere... not because it is enjoyable to have children in a NICU but because everyone there was so genuinely good to us and we were all so well cared for. I had my buddies there and I miss them.... not enough to go through it all again however. So here we are starting a new year so completely different from the last and so far beyond anything we could have imagined. We'll put all the sickening worry of most of 2008 behind us now and take our happy ending to the shortest-pregnancy-in-history-that-seemed-so-long into 2009 knowing we're better for all we've been through and so excited to see what happens next.

We send all our love to you and yours and wish you great health and happiness for the new year.

2 comments:

Kathy Murphy said...

Happy new Year Nicole, Bill, Julia, Braddock, and Griffin! The videos are great.. my how you all are getting so big. Would love to see you all... whenever it's good for you, just email or call and I'll come for a visit.. not long, but would love to see the kids. Kathy Murphy
kamurphy10@hotmail.com

anne barclay said...

Hey Nic & Bill,
Those videos are great. Love the one where they're all crying! Not one of their finer moments, huh? Love the boys on their playmat. Braddock seems to enjoy looking at himself. Also thought Julia's smile was the sweetest ever! Now I know why your Mom loves being around the three of them. They are so precious. Happy New Year! This will definitely be a better year for the DiMasi Trifecta.
Love, Anne