Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Birthday Gift to Unwrap


Here are the pictures of the kids opening their first birthday gift that arrived last week from Bob and Linda. Their first gift was really received early last week, fantastic Tripp Trapp highchairs from their very generous Granny, but those couldn't be unwrapped so we photographed this first unwrapping session. I wasn't sure what would happen but they just went after it ripping and trying to eat the paper. It's the coolest truck with farm animals and the farm sings "old McDonald." Is it Mc or Mac? I don't know. They LOVE it. Julia, the fastest crawler in New Jersey, just runs it down and tips it over. The boys prefer to push on all the animals to hear their sounds. Braddock squeals with delight when we gets ahold of it. So far they seem to share. They haven't quite figured out they should be upset when one of them takes the toy from another. That will come.

They seem to learn so much every day now. Julia pulled herself up to standing for the first time this morning. The boys just keep progressing and it's so nice to see. We're eating a few more solids. The biscuits are a favorite but I worry so much about choking!
We also had our first bout of an illness. Julia had a fever for about four days but it wasn't ever too high and other than seeming a little lethargic, she was fine. So the doctor didn't want to see her. I was hoping to get to one year without fevers. I guess since nothing came of it, maybe we're still in the running.
We're having a photographer shoot them for the first time next Monday at a park. I CANNOT wait to see how it turns out. I wish we had done it when they were tiny but I know we needed to keep the germs out of the house so now it seems like the perfect time. We're hoping the weather holds out.
It's been a rough week for me because I have some kind of tendonitis/bursitis and I haven't been able to lift my left arm for eight days. The pain that comes along with that is indescribable unless you've had bursitis before. As it is, with three infants, I'm short an arm so to only have one was really difficult. I seem to be on the mend now -- and not a moment too soon. It was a very LONG week but we're over the worst of it.

4 comments:

The Honeymooners-Chris and Noelani K. Miranda said...

Happy Birthday Trifecta!! What adorable pictures. I hope your arm will get better soon OR you might start "growing" some arm reserves ;)
XOXO

Unknown said...

happy birthday! my panda fanatic roommate got a Morn Creations bag as birthday gift.
she is just thrilled with it!
hkpanda.freetzi.com
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)

anne barclay said...

Hey, sorry I haven't been keeping up but my computer is on Nantucket and I'm in Wrentham. I'm not getting much time on line. We leave for Europe on Wednesday for two weeks so I won't be keeping up for a while.
Wishing the triplets a happy first birthday in advance.
Love to all.

Kathy Murphy said...

Happy First Birthday to Julia, Braddock, and Griffin...the most adorable triplets I know. Have a wonderful day and year!!
Love, Kathy