Monday, June 8, 2009

playing catch-up







We're so far behind, so I'll just start to recap and catch things up and not bother with the excuses!



These are pictures of the improved playroom that we're LOVING! Christy worked so hard and the kids love it!! I don't think I properly have thanked her here, so I am doing that now. We'll file it under better late than never.


So what is new? Julia sits up with assistance. Braddock is now straining to do the same and Griffin is developing his core muscles so as to not be left out. I awoke to Braddock screaming three nights ago and lo and behold, he was on his belly. (Not how I put him to sleep) He's a roller now, too. I think he was a little alarmed at how he ended up face-down but as soon as I turned him on his back, he went right to his tummy again. Julia is mobile even though she's not crawling yet. In the last few days, she rolls herself wherever her little heart desires. I put her on the floor in the playroom and bam, she's out the doorway. She'll roll to a toy the boys are playing with, take it and roll away. I see flashes of what the toddler years that are fast approaching will be like. Just today while on his tummy, Griffin started really reaching all around him as if he wants to figure out this crawling thing, too.
The amazing thing for me is how quickly things change. Last week we had another NICU follow-up evaluation and they told us to really work on the sitting....if they weren't sitting in another two months, we will start looking into getting some help for them. This week all three are starting to sit. They are at different stages but progressing so far. They have all grown beautifully according to the neonatologists, therapists, and nurses who are following their progress through this NICU clinic. There aren't sweeter words to hear for any mother but especially for a mother of 28 weekers. Bill and I remind each other every day how truly fortunate we are to have such healthy kids.
I will post again very soon with more pictures of what we're up to this week.

1 comment:

anne barclay said...

Hi Nic,
I've been offline for a few days and am just catching up on my favorite blog. Love the playroom. I've been visiting with Amy and then up to NY for my niece's graduation. Then we had Teddy here for a few days. He had been begging to come for a visit by himself so we finally did it. He's now riding a 2-wheeler with no training wheels. We call him the bicycle savant. Check out Amy's facebook to see video.