Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


I write this blog but there's a Dad doing lots of work in the trenches, too, and he really doesn't get the accolades he deserves. He works hard every single day without complaining and loves his kids with his whole heart. I remember watching his rookie hands in the NICU with that first diaper change. (I laughed so hard the camera was shaking as I captured the moment) Now, he changes and feeds all three without breaking a sweat, just like an all-star. He reminds me every single day how blessed we are to have our kids, so on this day I'd like to tell him how blessed I am that he's their father.


There's also a grandfather here daily singing, "Heads, shoulders, knees, and toes" with no shame and all the appropriate hand gestures just to get three giant smiles. (and it works every time) Poppy is such a wonderful grandpa.
If I know anything for certain, it's that the men in our lives are the very best around, and our children will be better off for it.
Happy Father's Day to all dads.


These babies are so lucky to have such great men in their lives.




Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

The Honeymooners-Chris and Noelani K. Miranda said...

Beautiful Nic, I couldn't have said it better. XOXO