Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dog Days of Winter


Would you believe this is very first picture of me with all three at once?


Griffin is in blue

Julia looks just like her brothers here.


Has it been so long since I showed up here and posted something? It's like I have my hands full or something. As I type this Griffin is whining, Julia is playing, and Braddock is sleeping. It's been a rough week because we switched formula. They no longer need the preemie calorie-packed formula because of their large-ness! So it was time and we did the half-and-half mix and gradually went with the total switch. It wasn't exactly a smooth transition, lots of screaming and irritability. It's been about a week and, finally, it seems all are getting used to it. I think the fact that the new stuff is less filling was the problem. I'm glad we shouldn't have to switch again. I remember when we left the breast milk for formula, but that didn't seem as bad. Then again, they were smaller then and more compliant.






Today there's a lovely snow falling outside and poor Finn just wants to go out and play. I wish I could explain to him that I want to play with him, but it's really against the law for me to leave the kids unattended. He just lays in his bed in front of the slider and sighs every once in a while. It breaks my heart because he didn't sign up for any of this. He thinks I don't know that he keeps sneaking upstairs to lay on our bed. I do know but don't have the heart to yell at him for that, too. His best friend/dog walker came to see the babies yesterday and he just didn't get why she was holding Julia when she could be holding him. He has even helped me calm babies down lately. We've had a few moments when everybody was screaming and he chooses a baby, goes over to them and lays his head on their legs trying to calm them down. It even worked for a few minutes until I could get there. Dogs are brilliant; I don't care what anybody says.






No real tricks to speak of. They are taking notice of each other a lot and smiling and cooing back and forth. I try to catch it on video, but the second I turn it on, they notice and stop to look at me. I'm determined to share that with you -- so funny to see babies talking to each other -- actually taking turns as if it's a serious conversation. I keep thinking Griffin is surely going to roll over from his stomach to his back but he comes so close and then gives up. He is such a fidget and getting more and more talkative every day. Braddock has gotten used to his casts and moves them all around when he's playing. They are so bulky. I cringe when I hear them smash on something but he never seems bothered by it. On the 18th they come off for good and we will celebrate with a fantastic bath for him. Julia puts her whole hand in her mouth constantly and drools like crazy. They all are drooling but she has to keep a bib on all day long. I just looked over and she was sucking her thumb. She wants my attention so I best cut this short.






I do have some video to post and I will do that in the very near future.

5 comments:

anne barclay said...

Hi Nic,
How are you doing on your own? Your mom said they were heading this way to finalize things up here. They will surely be missed here but I'm sure they will be happy to be near you and the triplets. The latest photos are so cute. I think Braddock looks a little bit like your mom. I don't know why, just something about his expression in that particular photo. Hang in there.
Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,

Great to see a picture of YOU with the babies - you look as wonderful as they do! They look so healthy, happy, and so well cared for.

Best wishes to your family,

Followers at Century21, Wrentham

Kathy Murphy said...

Hi Nicole,
For some reason my first message didn't go through, so I'm trying again. You look great in that picture and so do your babies. They're so big... yes, switching formulas is no fun initially, but they get used to it eventually. Glad to hear my boy, Braddock, is getting those casts off!! Hope he has a hellava bath! Love to all, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Those peanuts look so wonderful and happy! We are itching to get back out there in May and spoil the heck out of 'em. Lookin' good, Momma Nic!
-Auntie Kim

The Honeymooners-Chris and Noelani K. Miranda said...

Aren't they just beauties! I loved your narrative about the trifecta. (as always!) They are surely getting more adorable each post you make. Finn is doing a good job too! Hope you, Bill & triple the fun are getting some sunshine up North :) XOXO