Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Braddock in realtime

We will give you some video of our happy little Braddock. He is five days old in this clip and apparently couldn't be more content. They aren't awake much when they only weigh 2 and a half pounds, so this was a rare moment. As of today, he's gone back to his CPAP with 21% oxygen because he was having some episodes of holding his breath and dropping his blood pressure. Rather than chance it and make him labor more to breathe, they put him back on the CPAP. I hate seeing it because the tubes are much bigger and they have to wear a velcro mustache to hold it in place. He still looks very cute but I know it isn't as comfortable for him. That's the hardest part about being a preemie mom, in my opinion, not being able to hold them when they cry. We can put our hands on them to calm them which helps, but I just want to pick them up and make it better. Soon enough is what I keep telling myself.

1 comment:

sheehan said...

Happy Birthday Triplets!
Liam is excited to have three new friends and we all can't wait to meet them in person!
They are all so beautiful!
xo Love,
Cristina, Bill, and Liam Sheehan