Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

I'm sitting here trying to decide what I should say about Mother's Day. I can't put into words what it means to me to be the Mother to Julia, Braddock and Griffin. They are a gift I'm unable to grasp what I did so right to deserve. Every day I wake up I'm eager to do it all over again, delighted at the sight of their faces, and a tiny bit heartbroken they're growing so fast. Motherhood has taught me more in nine months than I have learned my entire life to this point. I am stronger and more capable than I ever imagined and not at all ashamed to say that. I am a Mother and I couldn't possibly have understood what that really meant or how much it would mean to me until I became one. To all Mothers, I tip my hat to you. To my own Mom, thank you for helping me to be a better Mother every day. To my children, it is the thrill of my life to spend my days watching you explore this great big world. Mommy loves you more than there are words to describe it.

Happy Mother's Day

4 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Happy Mother's Day!

anne barclay said...

Happy Mother's Day Nic!

The Honeymooners-Chris and Noelani K. Miranda said...

Nicco, You're entries are so awesome. You give me goosebumps of delight...when I read. The trifecta are so lucky to have a mom like you. I hope your Mother's Day was fantastic.

Kathy Murphy said...

Nicole,
Happy Mother's Day...you deserve the best and I never doubted that you couldn't step up to this awesome task of raising your 3 beautiful babies, who are growing so fast!!! I feel very lucky to have met your family and your 3 wonderful babes! All the best to you, Bill and the babies!! Love to all, Kathy M