Monday, May 4, 2009

EVEN MORE BIG NEWS





We are the teething capital of New Jersey right now! Braddock has his first tooth! Griffin has his second tooth today. It's a drool fest everywhere I look, but otherwise everybody is fine. There is some pain for them but nobody's making too much of a fuss. I've given them Motrin when they are really fussy but we've not needed it often. In fact, Braddock and Griffin are laughing up a storm. I'm not sure what's so funny but they are just tickled about something.




Braddock also had another appointment with the orthopedic doctor for his feet, and everything still looks perfect. He actually has sneakers on right now instead of the shoes with the bar. He's not rolling too much -- who would with a bar connecting their feet -- so the doctor said we should get him a pair of sneakers to wear when he plays on his tummy to encourage the movement. He seems to really like them.




They are all such happy little babies and getting cuter every day. My posts are admittedly short and a little lame lately, and I apologize for it. As we have come out of RSV/flu season unscathed, we're getting out more which makes the days go even quicker so I feel a little short on time.


I did a trial run to the grocery store. A friend told me about a triplet mom she saw in the store pushing the stroller and pulling the cart so I wanted to try it. I was offered help from Gram and Grandpa but I insisted I needed to do it myself. It went fine. Really it was pretty easy. The only fly in the ointment was the scene we caused with every aisle we perused. I keep forgetting that people don't see the likes of us every day. I'm as polite as I can be but at some point, I had cut off the questions to keep moving forward. Julia liked the outing the most. She's practically running for Congress the way she's engaging everyone she sees. She was sitting in the front of the stroller bus so it made it easier for her to see what was happening. Braddock and Griffin took the time in the store to nap. I'm no longer wondering what it would be like if I had to run an errand. As I was in the parking lot loading up the car -- I mean the minivan. It's just still a little nauseating to say it -- a woman stopped me to say tell me that she really wanted to offer me help every time she saw us but she felt I was doing so well handling the situation I really didn't need it. I'll take that compliment. Mission accomplished. Now that that's out of the way, the possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

Kathy Murphy said...

Braddock looks great and congrats to you for mastering that outing! I'm very impressed!! Kathy

anne barclay said...

Good for you, Nic. You're in the running for mother of the year! Three babies in a grocery cart? Wow!