Monday, April 6, 2009

A day in the park














Here we are at the park. Our very first visit. My friend called us and said she was bringing her kids, saying her daughter (same age as our little ones) was big enough and loves the baby swings. Now, I don't get to parks for children much because before now I had no interest in children or their parks. But now I'm a Mom and it's time to take my kids out of the house to introduce them to the world. So we got there before my friend, and I quickly looked around. I see the orange swing which sort of looked like a car seat. I assume this is the baby swing. I thought it was really big and wondered how my friend's daughter could possibly fit into this swing. But I'm sure this has to be the baby swing. So I walk right over -- no easy task with a stroller bigger than the whole park --and put Julia right in. You'd think I would have known that this is NOT a baby swing just by looking at it's size compared to Julia's size. It only took a second before I looked around further and found what were actually the baby swings. Luckily my friend never saw my faux pas. I have since learned that this swing is for a child with special needs, which makes complete sense, and I'm glad parks have come such a long way since I was a child. There were a few people there when we were and I can only imagine what they were thinking as I placed a tiny baby in a HUGE swing. You live and learn, right?
Everybody really liked the swings once we found them and we will go back very soon. We've taken lots of really cute pictures and I intend to post them very soon. Teething is happening for all three right now. No teeth yet but all the signs are there. I guess it's a race to see who gets the first tooth. They are a little cranky but nothing too tough to handle. We're working very hard on rolling over and sitting up. Our new playroom floor is such a great place for them to practice all their new tricks.
Nap time over. More pictures soon...

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Nicole - You really have a book going on here! Your blogs are amusing, well written, and we all look forward to a new update. Julia in the HUGE swing is priceless! Your babes are beautiful! Patrice

anne barclay said...

Hey Nic,
loved Julia in the big swing! Oh well, now you know what a baby swing is supposed to look. The boys look adorable hanging out in their double swing.
Amy had her baby this a.m. She was only in active labor for about 3 hours. No name yet but he's absolutely perfect and looks just like his big brother. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. which is almost a pound and a half bigger than Teddy was. So he's here and we're just waiting for him to get a name. Poor little guy.
Anne